Sometimes your skin feels a little dull. Maybe it's looking a little greasy, red, or just plain blah? These are the times when a really great mask or facial treatment can be just the thing to set your pretty face right again. Now and then, the delicate balance of our face can be disrupted. All kinds of things can make this happen. It can be the result of a change in weather, health, or even your mood. Our body uses a complex system of hormones, organs, and chemicals to keep us looking and feeling our best. When something is "off", one of the first places that suffers is your skin.
I use masks as a regular part of my beauty routine. About every two weeks I use a mask to suit my skin. Normally, this is just a gentle cleansing concoction of yogurt, oatmeal, and white clay. But now and then, if my skin seems to be unusually oily, dry, or irritated, I fix up something special. Over the years, we've posted a huge variety of recipes for facial masks. Find the one that suits your skin best, and treat yourself to a special treatment. Most masks can be made very quickly, and they only take about 10 – 20 minutes to work. This makes them perfect for the home spa.
- Apple Granola Face Mask: This gentle mask is great for brightening dull skin.
- Basic Facial Masks for Men: These simple mask recipes can be used for women too.
- Oatmeal-a-mole Mask: Use this avocado mask to sooth and moisturize dry skin.
- Red Raspberry Facial Mask: A good choice for combination skin, this mask soothes, exfoliates, and cleanses skin, while pampering it with a boost of antioxidants.
- Energizing Facial Mask: This deep cleansing mask can help detox, refresh, and brighten skin.
- Facial Fruit Smoothie: This versatile recipe is perfect for normal or sensitive skin. It's a great choice for your "regular" mask.
- Queen Bee Facial Mask: A luxurious mask filled with superb ingredients, the Queen Bee is perfect for mature skin, sensitive skin, or normal skin types.
- Fresh Herb Facials: This post includes recipes for normal, sensitive, or acne prone skin.
- Fun & Fruity Facial Masks: These masks are super gentle, and can be used on very sensitive skin. They are perfect for kids.
- Creamy Rice & Coconut Scrub: This intense facial cleanser is just right for occasional dermabrasion, but it's exfoliation is very strong, so it shouldn't be used daily.
- Deep Cleansing Mud Masque: A good choice for those with normal or oily skin.
- Detoxifying January Facial Mask: This mask uses clay, sea vegetables, and herbs to draw toxins out of the skin. Keep in mind that it also draws moisture, so it shouldn't be used on very dry skin.