We are thrilled to be featuring a post today from Cybele Masterman, author of Blah Blah Magazine. Cybele has shared some really beautiful and creative beauty recipes on her site. From skin soothing lotions to foaming cleansers, Cybele has a way of making her homemade beauty recipes extra special. This week's hydrating facial is no exception. Thank you, Cybele, for sharing your recipe with us!
Is there anything as cooling and refreshing as watermelon? We devour the juicy fruit and throw away the rind. Not anymore! Now you can save the rind to give your skin a much needed drink.
The Chinese have been using watermelon rind as a skin healer and rejuvenator for centuries. In Traditional Chinese Medicine it’s used to treat a condition they call ‘summer heat’. Perhaps, it’s so effective, because of the powerful antioxidant, citrulline, found in the rind.
This hydrating and rejuvenating watermelon rind face mask cools and rejuvenates the face, leaving skin soothed and refreshed.
Hydrating Watermelon Rind Facial
- 2 tablespoons grated Watermelon Rind
- 2 tablespoons Plain Yogurt (or equivalent yoghurt powder)
- 4 drops Geranium Essential Oil
- In a small mixing bowl, combine grated Watermelon Rind, Plain Yogurt and Geranium Essential Oil. Mix the ingredients well.
- Remove the mixture and transfer it to a clean container.
- Refrigerate the mixture for up to three days, then discard it.
Apply a liberal amount of the mask to your clean face. Wait 15 – 20 minutes before rinsing with clean, tepid water. Follow with your favorite toner and moisturizer.
How do you like to cool off in summer?
Cybele is a former journalist, aromatherapist and beauty therapist seeking out ways to create a beautiful and meaningful life that doesn’t cost the earth. You will find her pottering around in DIY and whisking up beauty concoctions at Blah Blah Magazine.