The warm, spicy aroma of Ginger Essential Oil blends beautifully with bright Lemongrass Essential Oil and rich Carrot Seed Oil in this stimulating body scrub recipe. The gorgeous color of this scrub comes from Annatto Extract, part of our upcoming line of beautiful and colorful natural ingredients. We can’t wait to share them with you all. Attendees of this year’s Handcrafted Soap & Cosmetic Guild Conference will be getting a special sneak peek in their conference goody bags.
The Handcrafted Soap & Cosmetic Guild is having its annual conference in Tampa, Florida in just a few days and we were thrilled to be a part of the fun by donating ingredients for the event’s goody bags. If you aren’t familiar with The Handcrafted Soap & Cosmetic Guild we would highly recommend checking them out. The Guild offers education and resources to professional and artisan soap makers as well as consumers. The HSCG Library contains a wealth of information on soap making, cosmetics formulation, business operation, and more.
If you’d like to make this recipe without Annatto Extract just omit the ingredient entirely. The scrub will have a more mellow color with an earthy tint that is more brown than yellow.
Ginger Carrot Body Scrub
Makes two 2-ounce scrubs
0.2 ounces (6 g) Cocoa Butter, melted
- In a small mixing bowl combine the Sea Salt and Organic Sugar.
- Add the Shea Oil, Carrot Seed Oil, melted Cocoa Butter, and Vitamin E Oil, then mix well to blend the ingredients.
- Add the Essential Oils and Annatto Extract, and stir well the combine.
Usage & Packaging
- This scrub looks lovely in our 2 oz. Flat PET Jars.
- To use, massage the scrub gently over moistened skin. Rinse with warm water, then pat dry. This scrub is best for use on the arms, legs, torso, hands, and feet.