Creamy Lavender Scrub Cleanser: an exfoliating cleanser made with colorful wax beads and fragrant lavender and mint
Scrubs come in a rainbow of colors and a wide variety of textures. This makes them lots of fun to formulate. The options for customization are practically endless and can easily be tailored to specific purposes or preferences. Our Creamy Lavender Scrub Cleanser uses a base of shower gel and creamy aloe butter to give it a luscious texture and rinsable slip.
Colorful jojoba wax beads give the Creamy Lavender Scrub Cleanser a lovely burst of color and a small boost in exfoliation. Unlike plastic micro-beads, our jojoba wax beads are plant-based and totally biodegradable. We used three different shades of blue jojoba wax beads to give the scrub a speckled, variegated color.
Aromatic lavender select CO2 extract blends beautifully with our bright and fresh smelling organic peppermint essential oil. The blend gives the creamy lavender cleansing scrub a light and refreshing scent that we love for spa care. You can easily customize this formula by swapping out the aromatic ingredients for your own blend. Also try using different colors of jojoba wax beads to customize it even further.
Creamy Lavender Scrub Cleanser
Makes about two 8-ounce jars
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Aloe Vera Butter
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Aloe Castile Shower Gel Base
- 440 grams (2 cups) Cane Sugar
- 1.25 ml (1/2 teaspoon) Baby Blue Jojoba Wax Beads
- 1.25 ml (1/2 teaspoon) Blue Jojoba Wax Beads
- 1.25 ml (1/2 teaspoon) Sierra Blue Jojoba Wax Beads
- 1.25 ml (1/2 teaspoon) Lavender Bud Select CO2 Extract
- 1.25 ml (1/2 teaspoon) Peppermint Essential Oil
- Gently melt aloe butter in double boiler until fully softened. Combine in mixing bowl with shower gel base and mix well.
- Add cane sugar and jojoba wax beads, followed by CO2 extract and essential oil. Stir again.
- Transfer to jars.
Usage & Packaging
- This creamy scrub looks great in our 8 Ounce PET Oval Jars. It would also do very well in a wide mouthed squeeze bottle.
- To use, massage onto body in a gentle, circular motion.
Shelf Life & Stability: Please note that the formulations featured here on The Natural Beauty Workshop have not been challenge tested for stability or shelf life, and may not be suitable for commercial use as-is. For more information on shelf life, stability, and working with preservatives, check out the following article from our Information Library.