Yum yum yum. The natural aroma of Virgin Plum Oil and Virgin Coconut Cream Oil get me every time. This, my friends, is a blend to be remembered. When I made Coconut & Plum Whipped Body Butter I thought that it couldn’t get any better. Boy, was I wrong. As wonderful as it is to slather your body in the aroma of sweet plum and rich coconut, it is nothing compared to the pleasure of having that tasty combination all over your lips. I find myself actually hoping that my lips will dry out just so I can use this balm again and again.
It’s so good, so very very good.
I added some Jojoba Wax Beads for color, but if you prefer to keep this recipe 100% natural, just go ahead and omit that ingredient. Jojoba Wax Beads are dyed with D&C colorant, which is not everyone’s cup of tea. An alternate way to enhance the color of this recipe would be to steep some Beet Root Powder into the Coconut Oil before getting started. That would give the recipe a subtle pink hue without any artificial ingredients. You could also try blending in a pinch of your favorite lip-safe Mica.
The Sacha Inchi Oil in this recipe adds a slightly nutty note to this recipe. I loved that addition, but if you’d prefer the balm to be extra fruity, just substitute the Sacha Inchi Oil with extra Virgin Plum Kernel Oil instead.
Coconut Plum Lip Balm
Makes eight 15-ml jars
- 1 ounce White Beeswax
- 1 ounce Shea Butter
- 1 ounce Organic Virgin Coconut Cream Oil
- 1 ounce Plum Kernel Oil, Virgin
- 1 ounce Sacha Inchi Oil
- 1 teaspoon Jojoba Wax Beads, Plum
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Lecithin
- Combine the Beeswax, Shea Butter, and Organic Virgin Coconut Cream Oil in a double boiler.
- When the solids have melted completely, add the Jojoba Wax Beads and Liquid Lecithin. Stir well to combine.
- Add the Plum Kernel Oil and Sacha Inchi Oil. Stir again to re-melt any of the mixture that has cooled.
- Carefully pour the melted mixture into empty jars. Allow the balms to cool completely before using them or handling them.
Usage & Packaging