If you are unfamiliar with Sacha Inchi Oil, then you are in for a treat. This amazing oil comes from an exotic rain forest plant in Central and South America. It’s tiny seeds are packed with some incredible, skin-loving stuff, including Vitamin A, E, and a whole bevvy of antioxidants. Sacha Inchi Oil is one of the most potent sources of Omega 3 available, making it a great choice for healing and protecting your skin.
This recipe combines the properties of Sacha Inchi Oil with moisturizing Rose Hip Seed Oil and soothing Roman Chamomile Essential Oil, making it a great choice for normal, sensitive, and mature skin types. Rhatanay Root CO2 Extract and Helichrysum enhance the restorative nature of this recipe even further, helping to battle scarring and oxidization. A few drops of Geranium Essential Oil have been added to the serum to help aid in balancing the skin.
Sacha Inchi Facial Serum
Makes about 1 ounce
- 1/2 ounce Organic Sacha Inchi Oil
- 1/2 ounce Organic Rose Hip Seed Oil
- 4 drops Rhatany Root CO2 Extract*
- 3 drops Helichrysum Essential Oil
- 3 drops Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
- 2 drops Geranium Essential Oil
*Update: Organic Calendula Total CO2 Extract can be used in place of Rhatany Root
- Combine the Sacha Inchi and Rose Hip Seed Oils in a small beaker or cup.
- Add the CO2 Extract and Essential Oils, then mix well to combine.
- Carefully transfer the serum to a bottle.
Usage & Packaging
Facial serums do nicely in Glass Dropper Bottles. We used a Flint Dropper Bottle for this recipe, but you can protect the serum from light exposure by packaging it in a Cobalt or Amber Dropper Bottle instead.
To use, simply apply a few drops to your skin after cleansing, and gently massage onto your face in a slow, circular motion.