While I love to work on all kinds of formulations for natural beauty, there is one product that you will always find in my personal stash – a great body oil. Or, as I like to call it, Everything Oil. My favorites are light and moisturizing with a touch of soothing herbal extract and a subtle floral aroma. This recipe suits me to a T, being made with a blend of my favorite carrier oils for everyday skin and hair care, and infused with calendula, lavender, and geranium.
Organic Brazil Nut Oil makes up the majority of this recipe. It has a wonderful texture that glides onto the skin and absorbs quickly. Rich in essential fatty acids and antioxidants, it is perfect for daily nourishing, leaving the skin soft to the touch and ever so happy. Our Organic Calendula Extract Oil adds a touch of anti-inflammatory benefit which I find particularly helpful during the warmer seasons of the year when things like sun burn, misquito bites, and razor burn lurk around every corner.
Organic Golden Jojoba has a composition that is quite similar in nature to skin’s own sebum. This makes it an excellent addition to oils meant to condition both hair and body. Did I mention yet that this blend also works really well as a hair oil? Well, it does! For most hair types, a little dab on the ends after showering will do nicely. For dry or curly hair, apply more liberally, as needed.
Flower & Herb Body Oil
Makes about 4 ounces (120 ml)
- 2 ounces (60 ml) Organic Brazil Nut Oil
- 1 ounce (30 ml) Organic Calendula Oil Extract
- 1 ounce (30 ml) Organic Golden Jojoba Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Organic Rose Geranium Essential Oil
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.60 ml) Lavender Essential Oil
- Combine oils and essential oils in glass or aluminum bottle and shake well.
Usage & Packaging
- To use, simply apply to dry skin as needed.
- Body oils that contain essential oil are best packaged in glass or aluminum containers. Try one of our Flint, Amber, or Cobalt Glass Bottles to package this body oil.