With Father’s Day around the corner, we thought it would be fun to share a recipe geared toward Dad. This simple shaving soap is quick and easy to make, and a pleasure to use! Pack this soap up with a slick new razor and a natural shaving brush and you’ll have a gift set that any clean-shaven papa would love.
We used a blend of woodsy essential oils to scent our shaving soap, but you can easily customize this recipe by making your own blend of essential oil or even your favorite fragrance oil. From Nature With Love carries several popular options for masculine scents. There is even a sampler available to let you try out our favorites.
Eucalyptus Spearmint Shaving Soap
Makes one 8-ounce container
- 8 ounces (240 grams) Hemp Melt and Pour Soap Base
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) White Kaolin Clay
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Glycerin
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.6 ml) Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.6 ml) Lavender Essential Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Spearmint Essential Oil
- Chop soap base and heat in double boiler over high heat until completely melted. Add coconut oil.
- Mix clay and glycerin with just enough water to form a smooth slurry. Slowly mix slurry into melted soap base, then remove base from heat.
- Add essential oils to base, if using, then stir well to combine.
- Pour soap into an 8-ounce mug, jar, or other wide-mouthed vessel. Allow to cool until completely hardened before use.
Usage & Packaging
- We used a vintage mug to hold our shaving soap, but for a more consistent look, you can package these in a Glass or PET Jar. Pairing the soap with a shave brush is a great way to create a simple gift set that’s perfect for sharing.
- To use, wet shaving brush slightly with warm water then swirl over soap to form a thick, fluffy lather. Apply lather to skin as you would shaving cream, then shave as usual. Lather residue should be rinsed from skin when shaving has finished.