Yuzu is a rather exotic type of citrus fruit with a unique aroma that is bright, tart, and floral – sort of like a mix between lemons and flowers. It makes a beautiful top note in handmade perfumes. For this recipe, our contributing formulator, Kelly Owens, blended yuzu with the deep and musky scent of jasmine, the sweet woodsy aroma of rosalina, and a splash of sweet orange.
Kelly’s blend makes for a sunny scented perfume that will remind you of sun-kissed fruit and clear blue skies. Kelly’s perfume base is a combination of carnauba wax, babassu oil, apricot oil, and floral wax. You can use this base with any other essential oil blend you like – so try swapping the yuzu jasmine blend for any combination you prefer.
Check out our selection of Floral Waxes for more scents to try in your own recipes.
Makes about nine 0.3 ounce tubes
- 60 grams Organic Babassu Oil
- 15 grams Carnauba Wax Flakes
- 15 grams Apricot Kernel Oil
- 4 grams Jasmine Grandiflorum Flor
- 3 grams Rosalina Essential Oil
- 3 grams Cold Pressed Yuzu Essential Oil
- 1 gram Sweet Cold Pressed Orange Essential Oil
- Heat babassu oil and waxes in double boiler until fully melted.
- Add apricot kernel oil and essential oils. Stir well, then let cool for a few moments before pouring into tubes.
- Let the solid perfume cool and harden completely before adding caps.
- We packaged our lip tints in our new 0.3 oz. Brown Paperboard Push-Up Tube with Cap. Be sure to check out our other paperboard products here: 0.3 oz. Brown Paperboard Push-Up Tube with Cap | 1/2 oz. Brown Paperboard Jar with Flush Fit Lid | 4 oz. Brown Paperboard Jar with Flush Fit Lid
- To use, apply to pulse points to release and enjoy the aroma.
Like our packaging? We used our 0.3 oz. Brown Paperboard Push-Up Tubes with a little bit of floral washi tape to decorate this project. You can find the tape we used here.