Balancing Ylang Ylang Facial Oil: A light and moisturizing facial skin care blend featuring organic jojoba, frankincense, and myrrh.
When it comes to facial oils, it seems that mature and sensitive skin types tend to get the lion’s share of attention. But oily and combination skin types can also benefit from the use of moisturizing facial oils. This balancing facial oil combines a blend of carrier oils that contain both conditioning and astringent properties. The essential oil blend we chose for this formula focuses on balancing and cleansing the skin with the addition of antiseptic properties.
Organic jojoba makes up the base of our balancing facial oil. This popular carrier oil mimics skin’s natural sebum, making it a great choice for any facial moisturizer, but particularly well suited to oily and combination skin types. Rose Hip Seed Oil is a classic facial ingredient, offering a soothing and conditioning benefit without feeling greasy or heavy. Olive Squalene provides essential moisturizing benefits to keep skin happy and healthy. Organic Virgin Coconut Oil has astringent properties which help skin to regulate its own natural sebum.
Balancing Ylang Ylang Facial Oil
Makes about 30 ml (1 ounce)
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) Organic Clear Jojoba Oil
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) Virgin Rose Hip Seed Oil
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) Olive Squalene
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 4 drops Frankincense Carterii Essential Oil
- 4 drop Myrrh Select CO2 Extract
- 8 drops Organic Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Combine ingredients in small beaker and mix well.
- Transfer to roll-on or dropper type bottles.
Usage & Packaging
- Facial Oils work very well in both Roll-On and Dropper Bottles.
- To use, simple apply a few drops or passes with the roller applicator to freshly washed skin. Massage oil into skin gently until well absorbed.
Shelf Life & Stability: Please note that the formulations featured here on The Natural Beauty Workshop have not been challenge tested for stability or shelf life, and may not be suitable for commercial use as-is. For more information on shelf life, stability, and working with preservatives, check out the following article from our Information Library.