Dark Chocolate Fig Sugar Scrub: A sweetly scented exfoliating scrub with moisturizing cocoa butter and grape seed powder.
There’s nothing like a yummy scented sugar scrub to wake up your sense and soften your skin. It’s a small luxury that fits quite nicely into a regular self-care routine or an occasional spa treat. Sugar scrubs can be used alone as body polish, or in coordination with massage. This particular recipe makes a lovely gift item due to its delicious scent and seasonal vibe.
Try pairing our Dark Chocolate Fig Sugar Scrub with your autumn themed soaps or bath and body collections. Fig is a gorgeous theme to add variety to an autumn-themed line, being a nice alternative to pumpkin-spiced everything. Plus, fresh figs make for an excellent photography prop due to their natural beauty and delicacy.
We used a blend of rich, moisturizing cocoa butter, babassu oil, almond oil, açaí berry oil, and carnauba wax to moisten this sugar scrub. The combination gives the sugar scrub a thick, almost gel-like texture that complements the indulgent nature of the recipe. Grape seed powder adds a touch of color and additional exfoliation to go along with the organic cane sugar that makes up the bulk of exfoliant in this formula.
The scent for our Dark Chocolate Fig Sugar Scrub was created to tempt the senses with a candy-sweet aroma. If you prefer a more natural scent, try swapping the fragrance oil for your favorite blend of essential oils.
Dark Chocolate Fig Sugar Scrub
Makes about 225 grams (fills about four two-ounce jars)
- 60 grams Grape Seed Powder
- 60 grams Organic Sugar (Evaporated Cane Juice)
- 50 grams Organic Sweet Almond Oil
- 15 grams Organic Acai Berry Oil
- 15 grams Organic Cocoa Butter
- 10 grams Organic Babassu Oil
- 5 grams Carnauba Wax Flakes
- 5 grams Bittersweet Chocolate Fragrance Oil
- 5 grams Fig Fragrance Oil
- Combine cocoa butter, babassu oil, and carnauba wax flakes in double boiler and warm until fully melted.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, then add sweet almond and açaí oils. Stir well to fully blend, then add fragrance oils and mix again.
- Add grape seed powder and organic sugar, mix to coat exfoliants evenly. Transfer warm mixture to jars.
Usage & Packaging
- This scrub looks great in our 2 Ounce Flat PET Jars.
- To use, massage the scrub gently onto arms, legs, torso, hands, or feet. Rinse with water.
Shelf Life & Stability: Please note that the formulations featured here on The Natural Beauty Workshop have not been challenge tested for stability or shelf life, and may not be suitable for commercial use as-is. For more information on shelf life, stability, and working with preservatives, check out the following article from our Information Library.