Maple Coffee Lip Balm: a sweetly scented balm made with roasted coffee bean butter.
Maple Coffee Lip Balm
- 18 grams Candelilla Wax Pellets
- 12 grams Coffee Bean Butter
- 18 grams Cocoa Butter
- 30 grams Organic Virgin Pumpkin Seed Oil
- 6 grams Maple Flavor Oil
- Melt candelilla wax in double boiler. If necessary, cover boiler to increase heat and reduce melt time.
- Add cocoa and coffee butters. Heat until fully melted.
- Remove from heat and quickly add pumpkin seed oil and maple flavor oil. Stir to combine.
- Allow mixture to cool to 120F (49C). Pouring at a reduced temperature will help the packaging avoid warping.
- Carefully pour mixture into lip balm tubes. (We used a pipette dropper to avoid spilling.)
- Allow balms too cool and harden completely before adding caps.
Usage & Packaging
- To use, simply apply balm to dry lips as often as desired.
- We packaged this recipe in our gorgeous paperboard tubes and jars. They would also look great in standard lip balm tubes.
Shelf Life & Stability: Please note that the formulations featured here on The Natural Beauty Workshop have not been challenge tested for stability or shelf life, and may not be suitable for commercial use as-is. For more information on shelf life, stability, and working with preservatives, check out the following article from our Information Library.