Colored decorating sugar adds fun and playful touch to this rich and creamy whipped sugar scrub. This recipe starts off with a luscious dollop of Cupuacu Butter. Sweet Almond Oil is added to soften the texture just a bit, as the smooth and silky butter is whipped into a light and fluffy cloud of moisturizing goodness.
Organic Cane Sugar acts as a gentle exfoliant, making this scrub perfect for everyday body care. Simply massage the soft, spreadable scrub onto bare skin to brighten and polish rough or dry patches to a soft and supple finish. Best of all, this lovely scrub makes a superb gift.
We used our Frosted Lemon Cake Plant-Based Fragrance Oil to scent this scrub, but you can substitute another Fragrance Oil or skin-safe Essential Oil if you prefer. Our Sugar Cookie Fragrance Oil would be a great choice, or try something more naturally inspired, like Peppermint or Sweet Orange.
Holiday Cookie Dough Scrubs
Makes about 12 ounces (by volume)
- 4 ounces (120 ml) Cupuacu Butter
- 1 ounce (30 ml) Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 cup (240 ml) Organic Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Frosted Lemon Cake Plant-Based Fragrance Oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) cookie decorating sugar, and more as needed
- Place Cupuacu Butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Whisk on high for 2-3 minutes, or until the butter has become light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low and drizzle in Sweet Almond Oil. Stop and scrape sides of mixer, add Fragrance Oil, then increase speed to high and whisk for 2 more minutes.
- Reduce speed to low, and add Cane Sugar and decorating sugar. Mix until just combined.
- Scoop finished scrub into 4-ounce jars and top with an additional sprinkle of decorating sugar before securing the lids.
Usage & Packaging
- Holiday Cookie Sugar Scrubs look great in our 4-Ounce Glass or PET Jars. You can also use 4-ounce mason jars, as pictured above.
- To Use, simply massage the scrub onto the body in a gentle circular motion, then rinse.