Berry Seed Facial Cream: A simple emulsion of nutritive berry seed oils and fragrant hyrdosols.
Berry Seed Oils are rich in antioxidants, making them fantastic for facial care. These nourishing carrier oils are best when cold-pressed. This low-temperature process helps to preserve the delicate components that make the ingredients so special. When added to formulations, like this Berry Seed Facial Cream, Berry Seed Oils can add a huge boost of benefits.
Our Berry Seed Facial Cream uses a blend of Chokeberry Seed Oil and Red Raspberry Oil as the main moisturizing ingredients. While Red Raspberry Oil is a well-known and well-loved natural beauty ingredient due to its powerful anti-inflammatory benefits and rich antioxidant content, Chokeberry is a relatively new ingredient to the worldwide natural beauty scene.
Like most Berry Seed Oils, Chokeberry Seed Oil is rich in antioxidants and essential fatty acids that your skin loves. This amber colored oil has a naturally sweet tart aroma that can add a subtle natural scent to simple formulations. Chokeberry Seed Oil absorbs into the skin quickly, making it a wonderful, non-greasy addition to facial creams and serums.
The water phase of our Berry Seed Facial Cream is made up of fragrant Neroli and Lavandula Hydrosols. These beautiful water-based ingredients add a mild aroma to the recipe as well as boosting its ability to soothe and balance the skin. Seabuckthorn Berry CO2 Extract adds a final punch of antioxidant benefit to the recipe. Essential Oils can also be added at a low ratio, if desired. Try adding around 10 drops of your favorite facial care blend.
Berry Seed Facial Cream
Makes about two 1-ounce jars
- 18 grams Chokeberry Seed Oil
- 18 grams Raspberry Seed Oil
- 10 grams Emulsifying Wax
- 2 grams Stearic Acid
- 30 drops Seabuckthorn Berry Total CO2 Extract
- 2.4 grams LactoCoconut Extract Preservative
- 2.4 grams Lactobacillus Ferment Water Soluble Preservative
- Combine water and oil phase ingredients in two separate heat-proof containers. Warm each container until solid ingredients are fully melted. Try to get both containers to about the same temperature before proceeding to step two.
- Slowly drizzle the water phase ingredients into the oil phase ingredients while whisking continuously. Continue to whisk vigorously until the mixture cools and thickens. (This may take 5-10 minutes.)
- Add additives to thickened cream and mix well until they have been fully blended.
Usage & Packaging
- To use, simply smooth a small dab of cream onto facial skin and massage in a gentle circular motion until absorbed.
- Our Berry Seed Facial Cream looks gorgeous in our 1-ounce Flint Jars.
- While we have added a preservative to this recipe, please keep in mind that this recipe was formulated for personal use. If you plan to use this formula as inspiration for a commercial product we highly recommend having your formulation professionally challenge tested for safety and stability.
Shelf Life & Stability: Please note that the formulations featured here on The Natural Beauty Workshop have not been challenge tested for stability or shelf life, and may not be suitable for commercial use as-is. For more information on shelf life, stability, and working with preservatives, check out the following article from our Information Library.