Shimmering Whipped Body Butter: a magically shiny body butter packed with sparkle, scent, and cocoa butter.
Sometimes we all need a little extra magic, right? This shimmering whipped body butter is packed with a multicolored blend of pearlescent mica and iridescent glitter. Its fluffy whipped texture allows the butter to glide onto the skin, leaving it feeling soft, supple, and coated with sparkles.
We used a blend of rich cocoa butter and light watermelon seed and virgin coconut oils to make up the base of our body butter. A pinch of candelilla wax helps firm up the mixture and keep it from melting too easily. By choosing our deodorized cocoa butter we were able to choose a sweet and floral fragrance oil to scent the shimmering whipped body butter. You can substitute pure cocoa butter if you prefer a sweeter, chocolatey smell.
Another fun way to customize our shimmering body butter recipe is to swap out the pearlescent mica for one of our other Glow type micas. These special micas offer up a smooth sheen with a touch of color and are available in gold, copper, red, and lavender.
Shimmering Whipped Body Butter
Makes two 2-ounce jars
- 40 grams deodorized cocoa butter
- 30 grams watermelon seed oil
- 20 grams virgin coconut oil
- 10 grams candelilla wax
- 5 grams lavender glow mica
- 2.5 ml cardamom & primrose plant-based fragrance oil
- 2 grams superfine silk powder
- 2 grams cosmetic glitter (optional)
- Combine cocoa butter and candelilla wax in double boiler and heat until melted.
- Add virgin coconut oil and watermelon seed oil. Stir until melted, then remove pot from heat.
- Add mica, silk powder, and glitter, then whisk until well blended.
- Fill a mixing bowl or sauce pan with cold water and place double boiler inside. Whisk mixture vigorously as it cools and thickens.
- When mixture begins to thicken, add plant-based fragrance oil. Continue to whisk until body butter becomes thick and fluffy.
- Transfer to jars and cool until stiff.
Usage & Packaging
- This colorful body butter looks great in our 2-ounce flint glass jars.
- To use, massage body butter onto the skin anywhere you want a sparkling touch of shimmer and shine.
Shelf Life & Stability: Please note that the formulations featured here on The Natural Beauty Workshop have not been challenge tested for stability or shelf life, and may not be suitable for commercial use as-is. For more information on shelf life, stability, and working with preservatives, check out the following article from our Information Library.